Thursday, January 19, 2012

Baby Outside Thrifty Foods in Saanich Centre


Once circa 1995, while I was still working for the White Spot at Saanich Centre, I headed to work via the upper area of the shopping centre. As I passed the Thrifty Foods I saw a shopping cart when someone had left their baby, probably while grabbing groceries; the baby didn’t seem too thrilled by this.  Part of me wanted to just briefly grab the baby just to demonstrate how easy it would have been for someone to abduct the baby. I didn’t, of course. I doubt anyone would have believed that I was just trying to make a point.  But it was still annoying to see a baby just left outside the store like that.  Unfortunately there wasn’t time to wait until the parent showed up to lecture them.  That baby would be a teenager by now; hope they’re not too messed up. And still alive.

No comments: