Let’s see if I can do better this year. I confess that some of the bolder predictions (51st State, Charlton) are the result of having not much idea what to expect of 2013. Still, I feel like doing 12 instead of 10 this year
1. At least one more video store in Greater Victoria BC (chain or mom and pop) will announce they are closing down. No reason to believe this won’t happen again.
2. Blockbuster will announce that they will be closing down in the US. If this should happen at the tail end of 2012, I’ll replace this one with a new one.
3. Red Dwarf series 11 will be commissioned. Same caveat as #2
4. The Wolverine Index trade will get a release date, concluding the otherwise already ended Marvel Index series
5. The NDP will win the BC election
6. Seattle will, as planned lunch their E and F Rapidride lines.
7. A 51st State in the US will be announced, likely but not necessarily Puerto Rico
8. Some new gun-related legislation will pass in the US due to what happened in Newtown, CT
9. There will be some sort of Charlton Comics related news (not related to Watchmen or to individual characters now owned by DC, though there may or may not be some other sort of DC connection)
10. Arrow (which I haven’t seen yet) will be renewed for a second season
11. At least one video store in a county serviced by Sound Transit (King, Snohomish, Pierce) will close, beyond Blockbuster
12. New pro-marijuana legislation will pass in Canada or at least in an area within Canada