Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dog on Walk Calls it Quits


Once while still a kid I was looking after the neighbour’s dog.  I wanted to take it for a walk while running an errand but for some reason I decided not to bother with the leash.  The dog didn’t seem to walk to go very far (though exercise was never a problem for her; she would run in circles around her yard all day) but she followed. We made it a few blocks and she was increasingly reluctant so I looked back to make sure she was still following me. Only she took the look as her cue that we could return home now and she took off.  I tried to get her to stop but she would have none of that. Finally we got back to her place (she a little before me).  Having learned my lesson I put her on the leash and we proceeded on the originally scheduled walk.

No comments: