Sunday, September 18, 2011

Solving the Six vs Nine Dilemma in Ten Sided Dice


Europe Trip reports will return in a few days. I’m taking a much needed breather from them to talk about other things in the meantime.

In high school I would act as Game Master for sessions of the Marvel Superheroes Role-Playing Game. Like many such games, it used 10-sided dice.  This became an issue because players would often argue with me on whether they had rolled a six or a nine, as only a line on the bottom distinguished between the two numbers.  Finally one day I told them to pretend that the line was a toilet and that the number was sitting on the toilet.  Everyone laughed at me.  And yet after that, no one ever again argued if they had rolled a six or a nine.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Okay that is just beautiful. I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. My hat is off to you!