Thursday, September 15, 2011

Europe 2002 Trip Reports Part 17 Munich to Innsbruck

This is the 17th of a series of posts recalling my trip to Europe, using e-mails sent at the time.  Unlike later trips, I didn’t e-mail people everyday.  Trip reports are largely as I wrote them at the time with two exceptions:  I was usually pretty rushed due to Internet fees in Europe, so I’ve cleaned up my e-mails to make them more coherent, which wasn’t a priority at the time.  Also, in some blog posts I’ll add additional thoughts with the hindsight of nine years later or to add further clarification.  I’ll use “NOW” in such cases.

This 17th report again merges two smaller posts: a brief post with final comments on Munich (still day 4) followed by my first report from Innsbruck.

Logged in briefly before train leaves as unsure of prices in Innsbruck. I should’ve thought of this sooner as could have gotten up to 1h34m with time paid for at this time of day.

[NOW: I don’t recall for sure, but I was probably logging in from the franchise EasyEverything, which gives you more or less time depending on the time of day.]

Aussie roomates came back from the pub and one starting farting; this had the others in hysterics for around 10 minutes.  BTW these people are in fact old enough to have graduated high school; unsure if they actually did.
I still plan to go to Innsbruck; small towns generally don't give much trouble for finding hostels and there’s lots there so a late arrival (11am) should still be safe.


This is quick because the terminal at hostel is not working well so am using a backup terminal that is more expensive.

I like Innsbruk enough to stay extra day.  Mountains all around the city.

[NOW: You got a cheaper rate if you stayed an extra day at the hostel I picked. As with Salzburg, I watched people playing chess outside using giant pieces. There were lots of pigeons in the area, one with one leg. This particular day was a  national holiday, but I don’t recall what it was called.]

More later once I find cheaper access.

[NOW: I didn’t manage to log in again until the next day.]

No comments: