Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Last Night's Sore Throat/Insomnia

Nothing earth-shaking, just something to talk about.  I've had a sore throat off and on since January 24.  Took penicillin and it seemed to be getting better, but then it got worse again. Last night there were periods were I felt paralyzed. I did get some sleep starting around 9 I think due to some alcohol I was using up but woke right up around 12.  Watched a DVD of the 1997 mini-series version of the The Shining (wow, that kid was a terrible actor!), alternating with periods of trying to sleep, and drinking water here and there.  I didn't want to have any more alcohol because it's supposed to be bad for your immune system, but I wasn't getting any sleep either. Finally, just before starting the last chapter of the mini-series I broke down and grabbed some warm water and a beer.  Shortly thereafter the main character in The Shining also succumbed to the drink. The irony was not lost on me. After a little longer I did manage to get a bit more sleep, though I woke up in a dazed state that stuck with me all day. I did get some penicillin so hopefully that will help.

No comments: