This review of course is for the 2011 live movie, not the two animated films.
· Some nice special effects and action sequences
· Some of the more serious moments are effective
· Not the gorefest that the comics have become
· Many of the supporting Green Lanterns (e.g. Kilowog, Sinestro) true to the comics
· Too much humour to the point where Hal Jordan becomes a bit of a buffoon at times
· The Earth and space scenes keep trying to crowd each other out; a better move would have been to largely focus on Earth the first movie with a few space teasers, then save the main space bits for a sequel
· Oa seems pretty barren, like they ran out of money
· Parallax is best saved for a sequel; he’s not a good first-movie villain, especially if you really want to play him right
Overall: not a great movie, but still better than what superhero movies used to be like. An okay time passer if you set your expectations strictly to “popcorn flick”.