Monday, July 18, 2011

Foody Goody’s/Royal Star Buffet in Victoria

One of the Foody Goody’s Chinese food buffet locations used to be on Government St in Victoria. The food tasted good but was strong enough that you risked indigestion there. Once during renovations they put up a sign that said, “Yes, Foody Goody’s is open during the construction. Sorry for the inconvenience.”

This Foody Goody’s apparently got bought out and became Royal Star buffet, though it was basically the same restaurant. I worked there as a dishwasher for about a month and one day we went out for drinks. At one point I lost track of the others and assumed everyone had gone home, so I did the same. The next day I worked the other dishwasher had a black eye. It turns out they had gotten into a fight and had I not gotten separated from the group, I’d have been expected to help out. Someone was looking out for me that day!

I got laid off not long after as the business was struggling. In fact it closed down permanently soon after I got laid off. Its location is now Canadian government offices.

No comments: