Saturday, October 15, 2011

100 Posts in 100 Days


Well, I’ve made it to the 100 post mark, at least in the current incarnation of the blog. I still have a ways to go to reach my goal of a post for every day of the year, but I’ve made it this far and still have more stories to tell. A few times I had to write the blog posts ahead of time because I was going on trips, and I did miss a day and had to catch up, but in the end it’s 100 posts in 100 days.

The point of all this is that I want people to read and comment on these so I can drum up traffic that I can eventually made money selling these as a book collection.  Well, no, that’s only partly the point. There’s lots of easier ways to make money. The reason for this format is I honestly believe that everyone has stories to tell, and sometimes it’s a big adventure like a trip to Europe, and other times it’s seeing a cat do something silly. It doesn’t matter. Both the big and small stories are worth sharing, and you never know when some small anecdote is going to trigger a thought in someone else and inspire them somehow. 

If any of my stories connect with you and you recall a story of your own, do share it in the Comments section. Maybe it’ll prove to be something you want to publish in some form as well (if it’s something you’ve written in the Comments section, the story belongs to you to use as you see fit; feel free to repost it elsewhere as is or in modified form).  Everyone has stories to tell; just listen to the lunch area of any work place).  If it’s interesting enough to talk about there, it might well be interesting enough to share with others.  Assume that if the story is interesting to you, at least one other person out there will find it interesting. And maybe that one person will be inspired and write or do something that will inspire someone else. Come on, give it a try!

No comments: