Thursday, November 10, 2011

My KFC Food Poisoning Experience


Note that this relates to a KFC/Taco Bell that has since closed down and I don't currently blame KFC as a whole for this incident.

I was attending a science fiction convention here in Victoria and needed a dinner break. I had a craving for Kentucky Fried Chicken so I went to the KFC/Taco Bell that was then on Douglas St., where the Mac’s is now. I decided to order the spicy chicken and ate it back at the convention centre at the Empress.  I had had their spicy chicken once before if memory serves, but this time it seemed to taste a bit funny.

The next morning I was violently ill. My sickness only lasted a day, but after that, even seeing a TV commercial for KFC made me ill. Jason Alexander was the main spokesman for KFC at the time so this didn’t really endear him to me.

This feeling of nausea went on for years. It was actually my dad who cured me of this nausea actually.  I was visiting him in Vernon and he wanted to get some chicken from Vernon’s KFC, and after a brief resistance finally talked me into it.  I made a point of ordering the regular chicken, not the spicy. I enjoyed the chicken as I had done in the past and every since. I’ve been fine with seeing ads for KFC and occasionally eating their chicken again.

No comments: