Sunday, August 14, 2011

Disneyland Trip September 2008 Day 7 (September 15)

UPDATED February 4, 2022

This is part of a series of trip reports from a 2008 southern California trip. Changes since then are noted with "NOW". 

This is the 7th of 11 posts (10 travel days plus final thoughts) adapted from e-mails I sent to friends and family. This was my 3rd trip there, the previous two being in the early 1980s and 1996. My dad came with me this trip.

This day we returned to Disneyland Park. Attractions are only described if they weren’t in previous trip reports.

* Visited Indiana Jones Adventure; ride broken down 

* Did Jungle Cruise 

* Indiana Jones Adventure still broken down * Visited The Many Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh; ride also broken down 

* Indiana Jones Adventure still broken down 

* Did Pirates of the Caribbean 

* Indiana Jones Adventure working but 20 minute wait; got Fastpass 

* Took Disneyland Railroad to Toontown (which didn't exist last time dad was there but which I had visited in 1996) 

* Rode Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin: Track tide where the steering wheel can spin the car). Wanted to take pics thus didn't spin the car, but wheel had a mind of its own

 * Visited Minnie's House: If memory serves, I meant to visit in 1996 but was pretty tired after a long line at Mickey's House); cute walkthrough through the female mouse’s home 

* Visited Mickey's House (revisited): Similar to Minnie’s house, but more masculine, and more elaborate; longer line * This concluded my token visit of Toontown for this trip 

* Rode Disneyland Railroad to Main Street 

* Rode Indiana Jones Adventure; My dad tried this ride but didn't care for it, considering it to be too close to a roller coaster 

* Visited Honey I Shrunk the Audience (first time; was Michael Jackson's Captain E-O during last visit): Another cute 3-D show 

[NOW: This wa sin the now closed Magic Eye Theatre.]

* Took Monorail to Downtown Disney 

* Ate lunch at Wetzel's Pretzels 

* Took Monorail back to Tomorrowland 

* Took train to Main Street 

* Saw film Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years: Amiable history film starring Steve Martin & Donald Duck

[NOW: This show has closed.]

I Left the park with Dad 

* On my own, I visited the 7-11 I used to go to during 1996 visit 

* Visited the outside of Jolly Roger Hotel, where I stayed last visit.

[NOW: Jolly Roger has closed.]

I returned to the park 

* Rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad twice 

* Rode the Matterhorn 

* Did a short visit to Innoventions (in Tomorrowland), displaying devices anticipated for the near future if I understand correctly 

[NOW: Innoventions has closed.]

* Rode Space Mountain twice 

* Considered Splash Mountain but too long a line 

* Rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (started on the left side track rather than the usual right); you may have guessed that this is my favourite ride 

* Rode Pirates of the Caribbean twice 

* Tried to reach the Matterhorn but blocked by a parade 

* Matterhorn packed upon arrival so moved on 

* Visited Star Tours twice

[NOW: Star Tours has been replaced with a newer version.

I then returned to the hotel, meeting my dad for dinner at Mimi’s.

No comments: