Friday, August 10, 2012

Camera Battery Disappointment in Port Angeles


It was near the end of a Port Angeles daytrip in September 2010; I had gotten a lot of shots and had been pacing my batteries. My last battery should have been enough for the rest of the trip. It was a dud. I tried switching back and forth between dead batteries, which sometimes works, but with this particular battery is rarely does and soon I couldn’t get any more power. I rationalized that, well, I had gotten most of the shots I needed and I could redo stuff next time. But then of course I kept encountering neat stuff that would be around later, like a Victoria Express ferry sign noting that the next sailing was months away.  Sigh. I am nostalgic for the days when AA’s were the norm for even the more powerful cameras.

No comments: