Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Do Touch that Dial


While taking classes at Northwest Community College in Terrace, I discovered a trick that unfortunately would never work with modern TV’s: my turning the dial so that it was between two channels, I was actually able to pick up the Much Music station at the college’s TV (I discovered the trick not long after seeing a bit of the show in some store).  I wasn’t a rock fan, but I did watch a cheesy comedy game show called Test Pattern regularly for a time. I think it was inspired by an MTV series but it had a distinctly Canadian bit of weirdness to it.  But really half the fun of watching it was the forbidden thrill of watching a hidden station between two numbers on the TV dial.  People who’ve only used remotes to channel surf don’t know what they’re missing.

No comments: