Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Eastern Canada Trip 2013 Day 8 Thursday September 19 Toronto

UPDATED: February 10, 2021

This is the eighth of a series of posts dealing with my third trip to Eastern Canada. I’ve made minor corrections to these reports. Also, I’ve added additional thoughts with the hindsight of a year later or to add further clarification.  These are indicated by “NOW”.

At the middle part of the trip now. Only will need to buy another suitcase before returning home. Forgot to mention before: I never actually let the cat out; that note was just to let me know.

I got up and did laundry, only noticing the quick cycle too late. I wandered around taking a few photos during then. Then I went to Dave and Jan's, packed some stuff, and carried the large case to Aidan's for storage.

I walked along Bloor to the McDonald's at Bloor St E for breakfast, then continued east until Bloor became Danforth; Castle Frank Rd along the way was labelled part of the Route of Heroes; if it was Frank Castle, thus the Punisher, would it be the Route of Anti-Heroes?

I visited Book City and Re-Reading. The woman there found me a movie she figured I'd like. I walked some more and then took the Bloor-Danforth train from Donlands Station to Kennedy Station in Scarborough (now part of Toronto), where I took a 43 bus to Kennedy Commons (all transportation today Toronto Transit). There I got some DVDs at Deja Vu Discs. I walked to Midlands Stations and took the Scarborough train back to Kennedy, and from there the Bloor-Danforth line back to Donlands. I visited Circus Books and Music before doubling back on Bloor-Danforth to Main St, where I took a 64 bus to Queen St E.

[NOW: The Bloor-Danforth line is now officially the 2 Line].

I bought some comics at Planet X (someone started to get pushy about looking in the same box as me), then visited Book City and Kew Beach. I took the 501 streetcar west a bit, visiting Film Buff, which wasn't open. I took another 501 to Discovery Records; it nagged at me that I'd dropped a receipt getting on so I doubled back but the receipt was gone, I took another 501 to Queen St W, the streetcar fighting congestion.
 
[NOW: Film Buff and Discovery Records have closed.]

I grabbed a late lunch at Coffee Break, visited River Trading, bought a DVD at 7-24. Heading north on Roncevales, visited another Film Buff, then took a 504 streetcar north and then connected with an eastbound 506 streetcar.
 
[River Trading moved to Hamilton. 7-24 Movies & More and Film Buff have closed.]

I visited Queen Video on College; walking east also visited Sellers & Newel, Soundsations, Balfour Books, She Said Boom!  I went south and visited Denison Square; due to people sitting on the best I only got an ok shot of the Al Waxman Statue.

[NOW: The above branch of Queen Video is now closed. She Said Boom! moved a couple doors down]

I visited Sonic Boom Records across from the Square, made my way to the Staples on University, made my way to Dundas Square (got memory cards at Future Shop), then took the Yonge-University-Spadina Line and Bloor-Danforth Line to Dave and Jan's.  I rested a little and then walked to High Park, then took the Bloor-Danforth line back.

[NOW: That Sonic Boom Records merged with the other branch and moved to Spadina Ave. The above Future Shop is now closed. The Yonge-University-Spadina is now officially the 1 Line]

No comments: