- At least one more video store in Greater Victoria BC (chain or mom and pop) will announce they are closing down.
- Red Dwarf series 11 will be commissioned at last.
- Seattle will launch their E & F Rapidride lines.
- At least one video store in a county serviced by Sound Transit (King, Snohomish, Pierce) will close, beyond Blockbuster.
- Some pro-marijuana legislation or similar legal action will happen in Canada
- Toronto mayor Rob Ford will announce his resignation
- There will be another high publicity controversy involving gay rights
- The building that Toronto's closing World's Biggest Bookstore is in will be demolished or at least substantially gutted by the new owners.
- I hope it doesn't happen, but I think Gwen Stacy will die in Amazing Spider-Man 2.
- In the comics, Peter Parker's return as Spider-Man will be announced.
- A DC Comics related live action movie not involving Superman or Batman will be announced.
- When Target opens in Victoria's Hillside Shopping Centre, overall response by the public will be lukewarm at best, given the disappointment of Saanich's Tillicum Centre branch.
Saturday, December 28, 2013
My Predictions for 2014
Let's see if I can do better this time; some repeat predictions from 2013 (first half):