Monday, July 1, 2019

The Real Canadian Dictionary


Only a few entries so far but I hope to expand in the future. Suggestions welcomed.

Captain Canuck: Canada’s best known comic book superhero. His adventures rarely last more than a few years at a time and sometimes last only one issue.

Excuse me: Watch where you’re going, you stupid idiot. Used interchangeably with pardon me and sorry.

Justin Trudeau: Canada’s current Prime Minister. Many people see him as a clown while drooling over shirtless photos of him.

Liberal: slightly right of centre politically.

Pardon me: Watch where you’re going, you stupid idiot. Used interchangeably with sorry and excuse me.

Poutine: a Canadian means of killing people with food even faster than French fries do by themselves.

Sorry: Watch where you’re going, you stupid idiot. Used interchangeably with pardon me and excuse me.

Superman: a superhero that many Canadians insist was created entirely by Canadians, which is true of the artist (Joe Shuster was born in Toronto) but the writer was born in Cleveland.

Tim Horton’s: a restaurant chain that people often buy donuts from while complaining that the donuts aren’t as good as they used to be.

No comments: