Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pacific Northwest Trip June 2013 Day 13 Friday June 28

This is the 13th and last of a series of posts dealing with my tenth and most recent trip to Seattle as adult. I’ve made minor corrections to these reports. 

Last night I heard one guy who I thought wasn't as nice to be as he could be get scolded for an unrelated reason by his girlfriend/wife/platonic female companion. I looked away in my bed so my smile wouldn't be too obvious. I had a bit trouble sleeping but mainly just nerves before the trip back. I lugged my heavy stuff as well as I could to the ferry terminal, putting the stuff down briefly to I could dash to Rachel the Pig at Pike Place Market briefly.  By the time I reached the ferry terminal I was sweating like crazy. A panhandler approached me; I indicated no. He started asking me for a Bainbridge Island ticket anyway. I scolded him that I was dying here and he left me alone after that. I grabbed McDonald's breakfast at the terminal and then got on the Washington State Ferries ferry to Bainbridge Island. At Bainbridge Island Ferry Terminal I took the 90 bus (Kitsap Transit) to Poulsbo, where I transferred to a 7 bus (Jefferson Transit) and got a daypass.

Jefferson Transit changed their timings so I was able to ride all the way to Haines Park & Ride in Port Townsend instead of having to cross twice earlier at Four Corners (a stop just outside of Port Hadlock).  At Haines I took the 8 bus (Jefferson Transit) to Sequim. At Sequim Transit Center, I got a guy I'd been talking with a little to keep an eye on my stuff while I did a quick run around, including the small park (but not as small as Mill Ends Park) Seal Street Park. Back at Sequim Transit Center I took the 30 Commuter bus (Clallam Transit) to Port Angeles' Gateway Transit Center. I didn't feel like walking so I sat by the Dairy Queen there until they opened and then had lunch there. I then wandered to Black Ball Ferry Terminal. That terminal has two sections; the path to the second section had new black railings this time.  I didn't want to do much climbing so when I got on the Coho ferry I didn't go to the upstairs viewing area at the back of the shop but rather found a decent spot at the front. By this point I had noticed that one of my travel cases was a one-use wonder; no further trips a good idea for that case.

Probably at this state seeming more run down than a threat to national security, I was one of the first to clear Customs and I wheeled my stuff as best I could to my apartment.

No comments: